Saturday 25 October 2014

Sample Saturday: Guerlain, Louis Widmer, Clarins


So sorry for skipping last weeks sample saturday but therefore i have this week extra nice samples i finally tried.
I recently picked up a new perfume for my husband and the nice lady behind the counter packed me in some samples. Obviously as soon as i was out of the store i checked what goodies she had dropped in my bag and oh my was i happy. I received a Guerlain Royal Albeille Royale mask and a clarions night creme. I decided there and then that those would be used in the upcoming weekend sunday pamper time.
So after a relaxing bath and a good scrub with my LUSH ocean salt sea scrub (review here), i applied the Guerlain Albeille royal face mask. The mask is really creamy and feels nearly more like a moisturiser but i put a good bit on my face and went to sit in the couch. About 2 minutes in i suddenly started to feel like my skin would start to relax (in a good way). I had this most amazing feel on my skin i can not even describe. Even without touching it, it just felt soft and cooling and relaxing. No burning, no itching, quite the opposite. I looooved it. Perfect for my sunday pamper time. I cannot tell anything about the long term effects since i guess it needs more then one time use for that but i can tell you that short term my skin was super soft and i felt like i just came from a facial. Will i be repurchasing this. Yes yes yes... but... sniff, the full size product costs a whopping 101,30 EUR for 50ml. So it will go for now on my wish list. But if you can afford it, go for it, like NOW.

Then a day later i applied in the evening the Clarins Multi active Night Youth Recovery comfort cream. I cannot tell you if it recovered my youth, i hope i am not looking that old yet that there is a lot to be recovered ;). However, it is a very nice cream. It feels very good on my skin, i had no breakouts and my skin was very soft the next day. However, i think it is a bit to oily for me and my oily skin given that is is meant for normal to dry skin. Will i be purchasing that. No probably not but i would love to try some other clarins products. (full size around 56 EUR).

The next sample was the Louis Widmer Skin Appeal moisturiser. Louis Widmer is a pharmacy brand and i received a sample when i last visited my favourite pharmacy. I actually really enjoyed this product. I have to say i have a thing for pharmacy brands since they are usually not to heavily perfumed and they really usually do the job quite well. This one was really nice and left my skin not greasy at all but super soft and moisturised. I am currently using the La Roche Posay Mate moisturiser but to be honest i could imagine picking this one up too. (full size around 10 euro).
So that was the samples for this week and i can tell you that i have some really nice perfume ones lined up for next week. Are you using any of these products? Did you pick up any nice samples recently? Let me know in the comments.

6 comments :

  1. Hello,
    I wish it would be reasonable to spend so much money on beauty products. All my money is spent on flights and hotels. The Guerlain face mask sounds fab though. I hope you have a lovely weekend!

    Nadine xxx
    German Girl in London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I just would think about how much i could get for this 100 euro. It was very fabulous though. I am having a very nice weekend indeed. I did just a fair amount of shopping, had yesterday people over and today i spend time on blogging and installing my new make up corner :). I hope you are having a good weekend too :)

      Delete
  2. I love the stuff from Clarins, they have some lovely products!

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tested a lot of them yet but it heard a lot of great stuff about them so its definitely on my list; The lotion was very nice even though it was just the wrong one for my skin.

      Delete
  3. Ik ben zo benieuwd naar het Guerlain masker, maar die prijs vind ik verschrikkelijk hoog. En ik zou er niet mogen aan denken dat ik het na zes maanden weer moet kopen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed that price is to high for me too. And i think 6 month would be probably even a generous estimate. But well for now i enjoy the little sample which still has i think at least one use in it . Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete