Saturday 4 October 2014

Sample Saturday: Avènè, Clinique, Dermatologica


Small part of my sample collection
If you are like me, regular shopping for beauty products, you might have a similar issue. You get this nice little samples, you are exited about them, and then they vanish into the nooks and cranies of your cosmetics closet. Or maybe you are better than me and use them up directly and do not make a mess out of your closet. In that case, congratulations, you are better than me.

In general i loooove samples since it gives you the chance to decently try a product at home in its intended way (to put face moisturiser on your hands can just tell you so much, but there is no way in hell i put something out of a tester onto my face in the middle of a store). Also, it gives you the possibility to test if you are allergic to it or show unwanted reactions. If you are like me, regular shopping for beauty products, you might have a similar issue. You get this nice little samples, you are exited about them, and then they vanish into the nooks and cranies of your cosmetics closet. Or maybe you are better than me and use them up directly and do not make a mess out of your closet. In that case, congratulations, you are better than me.
Now there are samples i use pretty much right away. I am that lucky to have an amazing pharmacy which actually usually refuses to sell me anything before they haven't stuffed me before with samples so i can try if its right for me (bless them).
Any way, in an effort to finally use all the samples i have and reduce the mess i thought i introduce to you Sample Saturday. From now on i will present to you every Saturday a few samples, a review of the product and if i will repurchase them or not. (Added bonus, i can review more for you guys)
So lets get started with these 3 samples:
Avènè Micellair Water, Clinique Superdefense moisturiser, Dermatologica daily microfoliant
I have to admit, i am starting with the 3 samples which i was anyway super eager to try. In fact, one of them is already empty.

I received the Avènè Micellar water from said favourite pharmacy. It was a great sample size since it really lasted me a week and therefore i could really figure out the effects of it. What shall i say, i am a fan. I loooove this product. I am only unsure if i should try the La Roche Posay Micellar water first before i make my decision but so far there is really zero negative points to the Avènè one. I use it to get my make up off or sometimes as well in the morning. It combines well with a washing gel, but less good with a scrub. When i used this water after a scrub, my skin turned red. I guess scrubs in general clean well enough and do not really require a second cleaner afterwards. I can say that this water removes my make up really well and leaves my skin super soft. So a definite full size purchase.(around 10 euro for 200ml)

 The Clinique Superdefense SPF20 moisturiser i got in a magazine and was exited to try it. I used it after a scrub since it is actually for dry skin and i do not have dry skin whatsoever. However, it was beautiful moisturising and made my skin feel really smooth. I love that it has SPF 20. Never to much protection for your skin, as far as i am concerned. Will i purchase the full size version? Not sure, there is nothing really negative about this product, it however also did not do miracles on my skin. I think compared to my other favourite moisturisers, it really does not make a huge enough difference to justify the price for me. However, i would love to try a sample actually made for my skin type and i am also aware that i just got 3 uses out of this sample, so the long term effects might be better.(full size product retails at 52 EUR)

The dermatologica daily microfoliant i received after a skin consultation in a Douglas in Germany. I got in total 4 of this samples and each of them is good for at least 3 uses, therefore i really got the chance to test it. This is an exfoliant based on enzymes and Salicyl acid rather then scrubbing particles. It is based on rice extracts and contains papaya, salicyl acid and rice enzymes. It also contains green thee and oat extracts to calm the skin. Dermatologica products come with a price tag but i have to say they are sometimes worth it. I think i never felt my skin so clean. I do not think i would really use it every day since it seemed to be rather intense, however i would love to use this 2-3 times per week. It comes in a powder form which is mixed with water and then applied to the face (for sure nice to travel with since it does go in the hand luggage and weights less) Will i purchase the full size? I would love to. It will go on my wish list and i might purchase it after my London shopping for which i am saving right now. (full size product retails at 66EUR)

So that concludes the first Sample Saturday. If you would like to see more of this feature, let me know. Did you have any great samples lately or do you have any full size version of the displayed samples? Let me know your opinion.

No comments :

Post a Comment