Monday 8 September 2014

How to: Hot Red Lips

Red Lips should be kissed, because kissing is what they are made for.......


Okay admittedly that is a pretty clumsy translation of a german song.

However, I recently really learned to embrace red lipstick. I have a pretty pale complexion and therefore always thought that strong lipsticks would make me look even paler. Then looking at there like of Zoey Deschanel, Dita von Teese etc. i noticed that this can actually be a plus for wearing strong lipstick. For me make up is not just something to slap on my face to not look awful but also something which I feel can underline my personality. And well my personality might be called a lot of things but boring is not one of them. My red lipstick gives my face that extra kick and to be honest also my self-confidence gets a swift little kick in the butt. My red lipstick also taught me to embrace my pale complexion. These days I do not look jealous at the tanned faces but just embrace my classic look.

Now one thing is really important when you wear bright-colored lipstick: It needs to be well applied. Since it makes your lips the focal point, you also draw attention to smudges and uneven application. So I will share with you my lip coloring routine:

1) Before I start my make up routine, I usually add some carmex lip balm to my lips and then continue to do foundation, powder etc. I find that until i am finished with the rest of my make up, my lips are usually already a bit softer. Carmex has been a revelation to me. If you haven't tried it so far, rush to the store and buy one. You will thank me later. I will add a more detailed review soon.

2) Apply a lip liner. I use the Mac lip pencil "Dervish". It nicely defines my lips without looking to painted and to be honest on some days and to work functions which require a bit less of "Hello!!!! Here I am!" I sometimes just color my full lip with it. It is a beautiful natural tone. As well when I still plan to add lipstick, I do not just draw a line but try to color a bit more of the lip since i find it makes the lipstick last longer.

3)I apply the lipstick. At the moment my favourite lipstick is the Mac Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick Frost . Make sure to color your full mouth. Move your mouth a bit to see if you colored everything.

4) Enjoy your sexy lips! I am not sure if it's the carmex base or the Mac lipstick but i also find that with this routine, the lipstick last quite long without drying out my lips. Even after eating, a subtle reapplying of the main lipstick suffices to get back to the full sexy lips.

products i used



PS: The money Mac earns from this lipstick goes to a charity which supports people infected with HIV! Always nice to support a charity. You go Mac!  For more information on the charity, check out this link: http://www.macaidsfund.org/

I will add a detailed review of the products soon.

If you want information from someone more pro than me, you can always check out one of my favourite blogs, sprinkle of glitters Louise

http://sprinkleofglitter.blogspot.be/2011/07/how-to-vixen-red-lips.html



2 comments :